- Econ 1: Principle of Microeconomics, Fall 2013
1) Dear students, please help us to evaluate our teaching on CAPE using the link sent to your email. Thanks for your time. We greatly appreciate your comments or suggestions.
2) Here are files for Final Concept Review: (view slides) (view handouts).
* Please check the websites on Ted for the final review slides prepared by the instructor.
* This is only a partial study guide prepared by your TA intended to summarize the main topics:
Chapters 1-7 and Chapter 27.
* It won't reflect what will be covered in the final exams.
* Please refer to lecture notes for all the graphs.
3) All of your TAs will hold extra office hours during the final week, please check on TED. Mine remains
the same: 9:00-10:00am, Monday in Econ 127.
Good luck with your finals.
Supplemental materials for TA discussion sessions (Wednesdays, 4-6pm, lead by Linchun and Marcos)
- Discussion Session #1: Math Review, Opportunity Cost & Marginal Analysis, Oct. 2nd (view slides)
- Discussion Session #2: PPC, Comparative vs Absolute Advantage & CPC, Oct. 9th (view slides)
- Discussion Session #3: Change in D/S vs. Change in Qd/Qs & Equilibrium Oct. 16th (by Marcos)
- Discussion Session #4: Elasticities, Oct 23rd (view slides)
- Discussion Session #5: Midterm Review, Oct 30th (by Marcos)
- Discussion Session #6: Midterm Exam Solutions & Budget Constraint, Nov 6th (view slides)
- Discussion Session #7: Indifference Curve & Optimal Bundle, Nov 13th (view slides)
- Discussion Session #8: Law of Diminishing Marginal Returns, Cost, & Profit, Nov 20th (by Marcos)
- Discussion Session #9: Economic Rent, Economic Surplus, & Deadweight Loss, Nov 27th (by Marcos)
- Discussion Session #10: DWL of Subsidy and Tax & International Trade, Dec 4th (view slides)
(view exercises & view answers)